A7N8x-VM/400 ASUS MOBO Detects Wrong Processor Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzø386

Beta member
Hey, i just got a new PC Built from PC Infinity Systems, and i had them install the MOBO (ASUS A7N8X-VM/400), 512 MB Memory, Processor (AMD Athlon XP 3000+) and hook the fans up. When i recieved it, i transfered My CD Drives, 40 GIG HD with Windows XP Pro on it, and my floppy, AGP ATI Radeon 9600XT Video card, Sound Blaster Card. I repaired windows so it would work with the new mobo, and everything works fine, except that it detects my processor as an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ at 1.4 GHZ, when its an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. I called the tech support and they verified that they did install an AMD Athlon XP 3000+, and not the 1800+. The BIOS that comes with the mobo doesn't allow you to setup the processor settings at all FYI. What do you sugest? I thought maybe change the jumpers to support it but i don't know what settings to put them on. Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Did you check the actual cpu to make sure there not bullshitting you.
Newer motherboards dont usually use jumpers to set bus/x's, it should be automatic. I doubt they would sell you a system with a mobo that cant support the full capacity of the cpu, so in my opinion, there lying to you.

I actually have the same exact motherboard, and that happened to me too. It is because the motherboard doesn't automatically detect your processor's FSB so automatically puts it as 100 by default. Go into the Advanced CHIPSET features or something like that and change the FSB/ BUS to 166MHZ. Then you are all done.

... sorry, in my case it was 166 MHZ because I have the Barton 2500 at 333MHZ FSB. If your processor's BUS is faster, then make it 200. Play around until you have the right speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom