9800 gx2 graphics card not working right

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimforthehead

Solid State Member
I have a 9800 gx2 which i've always been having terrible performance in certain games (UT3, Oblivion, etc.) while others, COD4, Fall Out 3, Grid, I get perfect 60 fps. I don't know what this is but it's getting annoying, I never get the fps' promised by the benchmarks everywhere. Also here is a benchmark I did

2_08_01_09_10_32_34.jpeg

You'll notice I have my 9800 gx2 (the red) and compared it to another 9800 gx2 (blue) and the blue one almost doubles mine in performance on the top graph!? This bench only tested the card so I doubt it's my pc bottlenecking it, but the rest of my specs are:
6600 quad core 2.4
4 gigs ram
350 sata HDD
Need more info let me know...

Yeah I have the latest drivers and that's not it or that benchmark would be the same for both cards either way.

i know for a fact that UT3 is very good w/ sli
idk if Oblivion supports it though

if your playing games that dont support sli your 9800gx2 will act like a 8800gt/9800gt

Yep my 9800 gx2 performs half as good as my 8800 gts did in some games. Pretty much any source or unreal 3 engine game are unplayable. But Lost Planet, Fall Out 3, Pure, Grid, DMC4, and others I can play with vsync on 60 always, and without vsync about 100-180 fps always. Really strange. I just formatted and my problem is still here so I don't know. I'm running windows vista but I tried xp also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom