8x AGP reading 2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
I did a really stupid thing a while back. I was in a hurry when testing a friends video card in my machine and I forgot to disconnect the power :eek: doh!. I disconnected when I put my friend's in but forgot when I took it out and put mine back in. Now my CPU-Z info says that my AGP is only 2x instead of 8x. The bios says that it is in 8x mode and there isn't even a 2x selection. Did i fry the AGP bus when I inserted my card? Or could it be my video card that is messed up? Also sometimes my onboard LAN cuts out completely. Click here to view my CPU-Z data.

Let me know what you guys think.

my guess is you fried your MOBO

only way to confirm is to try your video card on another machine and vice versa.

CPU-Z is probolly lyeing

However, just hope he wont notice, unless he has a high end card or does benchies he wont

if you have a low end vid card it probably wount use all the 2x bandwidth anyway, but im not sure on this... anyone else know?

Is it just that simple then (that cpuz is lying?) because I've noticed that my performance is greatly decreased. Anyone else know what could be the issue? thnx

Try the card in another machine. Either you messed up the card or the board.

Slow down and think what you are doing before you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom