8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Oh really ?!

Why you don't show us some of those reviews, instead of just saying that "other reviews tell a different story" ?
Oh my god, don't tell me you've never seen any.
In any case, I'm not going to do the search myself. Not because there aren't any, but because I'm not going to make his yet another long argument.

Quote:
So, what ?
SO, maroon, Drivers can affect performance.
Catalyst 8.2 just came out, which increases performance in games.

Quote:
AMD lovers will always try to find excuse by blaming drivers
Don't play the "you're a fanboy" game. I might not like Intel, but I actually do like Nvidia. I own an 8800 GTS 320MB, and an 8800 GT 512MB.
I bought my two 3870's and crossfired them, because I looked at reviews about them. Not because they're from AMD/ATI.
Quote:
At least, say that HD3870 crossfire performs on par with 8800GT SLI. But don't try to say that HD3870 crossfire is better because that is questionable
Irony.
Quote:
Nvidia video cards are getting better performance in SLI after each driver release as well
Yeah, I know. But so are ATI's cards.
__________________

__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokalipse View Post
Oh my god, don't tell me you've never seen any.
Yes, I never seen any (except the one from Experience.com)

I posted another review showing that 8800GT SLI outperforming HD3870

Quote:
In any case, I'm not going to do the search myself. Not because there aren't any,
Or maybe you did a research, but you haven't found any. Who knows



Quote:
but because I'm not going to make his yet another long argument.
LOL

If you post 2 or 3 reviews that support you argument, then you would end this debate immediately. It is the complete opposite

Do you want people here to believe you blindly even if you can't prove what you say ?


Quote:
Catalyst 8.2 just came out, which increases performance in games.
This what AMD claims

The "20% improvement" was only in one game in DX10 mode. Thats what AMD claims. Not all people play company of Heroes in DX10

Quote:
because I looked at reviews about them.
I really like to see those reviews. Can you send me the links to me by PM if you can't post them here in this thread ?
__________________

maroon1 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
Yes, I never seen any
Well, I don't believe you. But I'm not going to go on arguing about it. Goodbye.
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:39 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,479
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

I don't care if you don't believe me. But seems that you can't prove any of your points. If you have seen many reviews the support your argument, then why you can't show us any of those reviews ? At least send to me the links of those reviews by PM. But you can't do that.

You said that you don't believe me, but I don't believe you as well

Why you come here to my thread if you can't prove what you say ? Do you think I'm going to trust you blindly ?

Bye
maroon1 is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #55 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
Apokalipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 14,559
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon1 View Post
I don't care if you don't believe me.
Then why bother responding?

Quote:
But seems that you can't prove any of your points.
Yes I can. I'm just not going to argue with you about it. Goodbye.
__________________
Apokalipse is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 05:56 AM   #56 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
ricanflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Euless, Tx
Posts: 6,317
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
GTS512 SLI owns both of them, so hush. And soon my gx2 SLI will own that Oh hay, who's going to blow their 600 dollar rebate check on computer equipment.
You know its basically just an advance from next year right? I might, depends what is out at that time. No sli for me, since i dont have an sli board but a phenom and gts 512 are very possible, or if the 9800gt is out...
__________________
3DMARK06 = 20,341 (3.8GHZ)



Laptop
P7350 | GTX 260M | 4GB DDR2 800 | 320GB HD | X-Fi | Vista 64

Folding Rig/File Server

M775 | E1200 | Foxconn P9657AB
| Dual 8800GT | Antec NeoHE 500 | Barracuda 80GB | Wintec Ampx



ricanflow is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #57 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere inbetween FL and NY
Posts: 3,187
Send a message via AIM to Drizzt
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

my stepup for my card expires in 5 days... i might stepup to a gts512, sell my xfx to pay for some of the cost... and then save the rest of that money so i can stepup when the 9800gt comes out...

Or i may just stick with what i have... i'll probably just stick with what i have.
__________________
CPU:Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v)
Motherboard:Asus P5E X38
Memory:2x2GB OCZ Reapers DDR2 1066
Graphics Card:GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000
Hard Drive:2x WD Black 1TB
Power Supply:Xion 800W
Case:3DAurora
CPU cooling: H50
GPU cooling: Best Stock Cooling I Have Ever Had
Monitor:24" LG
Drizzt is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

You cant stepup a card that was stepped up.
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #59 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere inbetween FL and NY
Posts: 3,187
Send a message via AIM to Drizzt
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

orly? then why is the step-up available for my 8800 gt 512 that was step-uped before? :/
__________________
CPU:Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v)
Motherboard:Asus P5E X38
Memory:2x2GB OCZ Reapers DDR2 1066
Graphics Card:GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000
Hard Drive:2x WD Black 1TB
Power Supply:Xion 800W
Case:3DAurora
CPU cooling: H50
GPU cooling: Best Stock Cooling I Have Ever Had
Monitor:24" LG
Drizzt is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: 8800GT SLI is better than HD3870 crossfire

You have to submit the invoice for the card when you start the stepup process. You can try it, but most likely it wont go through as you wont have an original invoice for it.
__________________

__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings* gurusan Overclocking and Modding 4250 04-02-2015 12:23 PM
Intel Skulltrail with SLI and Crossfire Support Osiris Monitors, Printers and Peripherals 17 01-15-2008 03:32 AM
HD3870 vs 8800GT single card (no SLI / Crossfire) Eclipse7 New Systems | Building and Buying 5 12-14-2007 10:10 PM
Good SLI or Crossfire Motherboard Syphanx New Systems | Building and Buying 19 11-05-2007 11:29 AM
SLI Ready and CrossFire Ready D-Rocks System Upgrades 6 10-05-2007 10:57 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.