8800GT price thing or why I sometimes hate UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can trust me too...my dad works for fedex so i get mad discounts on shipping.
I save a lot of money on my ebay business cos of that.

That must be prety sweet.

I was thinking of setting up a ebay shop can you make much money from it? An have you got a link to your current sales / shop on ebay i might take a look :)

Yes, you can find a MANAGEBLE deal, but still, while people build Q6600 8800GT in US, we're building E2xxx 8600GT here.

And what's with the cases? I mean, if you look at CPU's and GPU's although there is a huge difference, most money they make on not so obvious parts like cases and psu's. I mean, cases are nearly 1:1, pound to dollar. Browse some stock they have on ebyer.com for exmpl - what's their problem? Is it because they're heavy or something? Why not produce something here then? Rip-off. Same goes for PSUs.

Well in most companies the REAL money is in shipping an extra items like accessory's you can buy a pre built machine from most of the big high-street retailers for the £299 mark but when you wish to buy the acessorys they will always push them, because that is where the proffit lies for them 20 - 80% in some cases.

But yes we do get FindaA for computer parts in the UK in general some of the bigger retailers in the UK get 2 or 3 times the proffit of the US retailers by removing the $ sign an replacing it with a £ sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom