8800GT price thing or why I sometimes hate UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhasser

Baseband Member
Buying a PC here is a pure rip-off - the case prices are 2x higher, all the other ones are 1,5 higher.

The EVGA 512MB version stands at J176.24 ($362.74)
The OcUK (some shops brand) 256MB - J146.86 ($302.68)

The wait for the card is over, now the wait for the "rush price" drop have started.

And I mean, WHY? How do they justify such vast difference in pricing? Is the price going to drop any time soon in here? Or we're doomed for life?

I have said it before an i will say it again - "In the uk be get bent over an have broken glass inserted in our anus whenever we wish to build a new rig or upgrade a existing one.

Yes you can quote me on that.

Just get an American to send you one?

I'll send one to you for $310, if you want.

i get great discount on shipping...itll cost me like 10 or 20 bucks to ship it to you.
I you wanna save a few bucks and ttrust someone over here, go ahead, but imo, just buy it from your place.

Im not saying id ripp you off, cos i wont, but would you really wnna trust anyone ?

I just might :). I'm going build one probably in December, so I'll see what will happen - how much will be a 256MB by then, what's the new ATI GPU will be like and the amount of general price drop. If it won't be good enough, I'll probably ask someone.

Really, thanks for your help. I'll remember :).

There is only one person I know well enough to trust with that ammoun't of cash... "Oh b1gapl!"

True you can get a good deal for your £ but we get hammered by tax an VAT for electronics in the UK especially when you compare us to the USA.

There is only one person I know well enough to trust with that ammoun't of cash... "Oh b1gapl!"

well you could trust me too if you want.
I have an ebay account and you can check my feedback.
I have done many private deals through ebay for a lot of people.
I have also sold a few stuff on here with and no one has had a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom