875P Motherboard & Maxtor Harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it woulnt that drive is a SCSI drive its a compleatly diffrent interface than IDE or SATA to get that drive to work you will have to buy a SCSI controller card and i have no idea past that because ive never taken the time to learn about it. you may wana look into the Western Digital Raptor series they come in a 36 gig and 74 gig modle and run at 10,000 RPM and are SATA drives so you can plug em stright into your bord with minimal configuration

I tried to look up some info on your board, coulnt find it. But an 875 chip set will probly have SATA connections on it. if you have the board the connections are pritty hard to miss

http://www.gravechild.com/344_inf_Corner3.jpg
I've masterfully designed a portrate of what they should look like, in paint. Enjoy.

Btw if you have those on your board you can plug the drive in, now be warned ive heard that they get really loud, because they are spinning at ten thousand RPM, which is fast. I figured id tell you that so you dont like get mad at me and try and hunt me down or something.

Good Luck
--Cajun Tech

**EDIT** YES if you have the SATA Connections that HDD will run like a mofo

Cajun Tech!

Cool thanks for the feedback, I check on my motherboard specs and it looks like it does support SATA. I order the Harddrive yesterday so I'll let you know Friday how it works out!

BTW::: Your image links tells me i fu** up and is a broken link :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom