8600 GT as my Physx card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussein19891

Biostar Stole my heart
Ok so after having seen how much each of my cards uses under load (170 watts) and my chip uses under load (170 watts)

2*170=340+170=510 watts

All of this with an AntecEarthwatts 380. So instead of killing my PSU and frying everything else. Instead I m using an extra 8600 GT 512MB GDDR2 that I had lying around. My question is how do I setup my 8600 GT so I can use it to render physx (thus improving my FPS).

throw the card in there install latest drivers off of nvidia's website and under control panel make sure the box is checked "use this card for physx" and you are ready to go.

Yeah like Phil said I m taking out one of my 4830's. Since I have to RMA it anyways, so I'll be using 120 watts less then I am at the moment. As far as my chip goes, I m going to take it back to stock frequency and drop the Vcore to 1.15Volts.

Hopefully my PSU can handle that and my computer won't freeze whenver I m under load.

why must you rma your 4830? hope all goes well. what brand is it. when i had to rma my x1900xtx two times i had to go through heck and back to get sapphire to send me a new one, and then that one died on me too. that's why i am against ati cards now.

Everyone was like "Antec Earth Watts 380 is a BEAST!!!" so I got it Zzzzzzzzzz

I m going to see if I can get my brother to pay for my PSU :D Since his using my old motherboard, case, chip, and PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom