80-100 FPS for half life two? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 05:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

not bad... i never drop below 200 FPS on my other pc, but then again you can't even notice a difference after 25-27 FPS.

Old 01-18-2005, 05:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

vsynch on is usually better (stops screen tearing). course if you dont have that problem, than yeah... leave it off. if you have image problems or want to see if it gives a better image, turn vsynch on.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 01-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
vsynch on is usually better (stops screen tearing). course if you dont have that problem, than yeah... leave it off. if you have image problems or want to see if it gives a better image, turn vsynch on.
this man is right. vsynch will limit your frames, but it will offer a much smoother image. half-life 2 doesn't have a problem with tearing... but the Doom 3 engine just stinks. so if u are playing it, force vsync.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

i think i know what this "tearing" is and i have it in hl2. it seems to happen when u turn real quick. to use vsynch with higher fps, u turn up the refresh rate of the monitor?? i also have some small studders in hl2, only once in a while...
160Gb SATA

3Dmark05 - 4750, Aquamark3 - 59 200
Old 01-18-2005, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
well i know that mine is hella smooth, and i run it at 1600x1200 or higher sometimes with full aa and antisop with vsynch off. i also run doom 3 at ultra at 1600x1200 with everything max and i havent had it stutter once either
It must get you sexually aroused to brag or something. Anyone with half a brain can tell by looking at the sig whether or not that computer would play stuff smooth. No need to continually rub it in peoples faces or somethin.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
It must get you sexually aroused to brag or something. Anyone with half a brain can tell by looking at the sig whether or not that computer would play stuff smooth. No need to continually rub it in peoples faces or somethin.
Maybee he doesnt know enough people to brag to in real life. The other good thing about life is, i have a better computer than everyone else it's not that way on the internet.

And about not notiching a difference between 25-27 FPS, i notice frame rates up untill about 60
Old 01-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
The other good thing about life is, i have a better computer than everyone else it's not that way on the internet.
lol yeah DJ, same with me. I have a better computer than anyone I know hands down, BUUUUUT you come online and I'm in the dark ages with a POS according to some because I'm still socket A
Old 01-18-2005, 06:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ-CHRIS
The other good thing about life is, i have a better computer than everyone else
u haven't met chipx yet... he sent me some pictures of his rig with the "high pressured liquid ice (?)" cooling... lol... words couldn't explain the coolness (literally) of this thing! last time i checked though he was banned. it's too bad. he was a nice guy and offered great advice. he was kinda an *** with some members though so i don't blame whoever had him banned.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

However in real life, you can neither brag nor complain about temperatures, because it's the same for the other person.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

ya but he had his FX-55 clocked at 3.63 MHZ!!

Closed Thread