8 Mb of Ram lost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denysy1

Baseband Member
My RAM is originally supposed to be 128. But now it indicates only 120. How could this happen and how can I fix it?

You probably have an 8MB integrated video card...which will share RAM with your system memory, resulting in the missing 8MB.

you must have on board graphic card, that will be sharing youjr 8MB RAM, you cannot fix it anyway, but u can do that, disable your on-board video, and you'll be available with 128MB ram, but wont be able to use your PC. UNDERSTAND!

ok,

the reason it bothers me is because I tried to use microsoft office speech recognition system and it says that I've got to have 128Mb of ram for that. Is there a way to get around it?

that 8 mb of ram is either for ur integrated videoo or usually thers a lil chunk of ram that windows sometimes takes over... it happens to me sometimes.. lol but in some systems it doesnt.. must be a mood thing :confused: lol

EDIT: the only way around would be to grab another 128MB stick of ram or a pci or agp video card so that your video would stop relying on ur ram for memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom