7800's prices to drop???

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to make the 7800GTX and 7800GT prices more attractive because of ATI's R520 launch. The R520's will be upwards of $600.00.
The R520's will out perform both NVIDIA models & I think NVIDIA knows this so since they launched too early, before ATI, they need to create a lower cost market to compete.

This round belongs to ATI - Mark my words.

I believe u Havock, having seen the specs myself. However, i want to wait for the benchmarks before i set the superiorty of the R520 in stone

JDGreen92086 said:
Sounds good to me! Too bad I already ordered all my pc parts, including a 6800 gt.

6800GT will still be plenty fine for a long while.

honestly, how good do you think the 7800GT will be compared to a 6800 Ultra?, currently the GTX isn't that much better on except when the res is super high and aa cranked all the way up

Arumuni said:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24550

Do you believe this? Im in the process of buying a comp, and i plan on getting a ATI Radeon x800XL PCI-Express card. Now. Maybe i should hold off until this price drops? I mean, 2 months?

Do not get the X800XL. Not only is it inferior in performance to the 6800 GT, it lacks shader model 3, which is the brick and mortar of future games. If you don't have at least a 6800, don't expect to be playing STALKER, FEAR, or even the new HL2 "The Lost Coast" mod with full graphical effects. Without SM3, future games WILL NOT run in DX9 mode, and will default to DX8.1 or DX8, so basically, it will suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom