7800GTX - Full Benchmarks are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never spend $600 on a video card myself.

Isn't the PS3 suppose to use a version of the 7800? I'm hopeing when the PS3 comes out you will be able to mod it into a computer like the PS2 and Xbox.

anyone know if the x900 going to cost more than that 7800? probably, right?
The x900 uses a 90nm process so it's cheaper to produce and sell, compared to the 110nm process in the 7800.

I have 2 6800 GT's and with a little OCing I can easly match the Ultra, but the 7800... Sad, really, just sad. Waste of money, wait for the ATI to come out and see about that.

-Ryan

MrBebop26 said:
I have 2 6800 GT's and with a little OCing I can easly match the Ultra, but the 7800... Sad, really, just sad. Waste of money, wait for the ATI to come out and see about that.

-Ryan

I doubt ATi will show any improvment either.

If you have 2 6800GT's...then you will be running FAR above the 6800 Ultra, the 7800 and the new ATi x900.

Yeah, uh, about these "pipelines", everyone talks about em. I mean more is better, but what exactly is a pixel pipeline?

gaara said:
Don't really take any of these results seriously for a while, the drivers aren't smoothed out and you won't get a good analysis of how good this stuff really is until the next driver update comes out, should be in a month or so.

yep.

P.P. Mguire said:
if im gonna pay the price i might as well get 32 screaming pipes and play unreal 3 and Oblivian.

I'm really looking forward to (elder scorlls IV) Oblivion, as I loved the Morrowind. It seems that I need a new vid card for that game, although there are not any accurate hardware requirements at their site. But take a look at the pictures, if you haven't already!!! Oh dear Demi-God! *fap fap*

http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/oblivion_overview.htm

Link to the 148$ 6800GT?
There isn't a $148 6800GT.... the 6600GT is that price and I assume the 6800 plain is a bit higher than that but the 6800GT's are still $299 at the cheapest or around that area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom