754 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
What was so bad about the Socket 754 design that AMD could not add Dual Channel Mem Controller to 754 A64/Sempron processors?

Well I can give you a short answer.
Im not sure if it correct but here goes.

Well first of all the when the socket 754 board came out AMD choose not to add Dual channel to it at the time like now they decided to leave DDR 2 off there plans and choose to wait till socket 939 to come out to implement Dual channel.

As far as I know now AMD also had problems with there memory controllers on there processors till week 35 steppings. After that week they fixed the problem.

The problem they had with them was that it wouldnÂ’t want to overclock over 210 to 220 FSB but after they fixed them they can go much higher and OC higher.

Well thatÂ’s my answer sort of.
I gave it my best try from what I know if im wrong can someone just please correct me.

Also if somethingÂ’s terribly wrong its 1am here in my Country and im exhausted so donÂ’t mind me.

Neosteve

This is a guess again.

The reason I think they couldnÂ’t add it to the socket 754 was maybe if they had to add it they would have to change the hole sockets architecture in the end which would cost them allot of time and money just to add one thing.

Neosteve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom