754 or 939?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah forget those stupid hybrid motherboards that some Asian Manufacturers released.... Experimental and ain't cheap, faulty ports and poor responses to data from the cards.

Switching over to PCI-E is a pain in the arse but the fact is that all new video cards from both sides of the field are only going to PCI-E so give the market 9 months when the new cards coming out are only PCI-E cooperative then you be happy you spent that extra bit on the Port... Anyway PCI-E cards are cheaper than AGP right now due to the Demand, Everyone is buying the latest and the last AGP cards raising prices meanwhile they in the next 9 months will have to change motherboard and video card then. And in that time you could save a couple hundred bucks and be ready to invest a card that will give you more oomph....

THat's just my opinion so..... it becomes a case of convience now or later.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
seems to me that the 6600GT seems to be the best bang for the buck nowadays. Is the 9800 PRO the comparable ATI card?

Ryan

X700 Pro is the true comparable card, and sometimes can be found a hellofa lot cheaper.

ATI also seems to be releasing the x800GT which is an 8 pipe card, it maybee to compenstate for the total failure of the x700pro.

The 6600GT is the bang for buck card now. But if your scint on cash the ATi X6-7 series is an option and if your an ATi enthu... The only problem with buying a 6800GT (Great Card, don't get me wrong) is the fact that you could be forking out the extra cash which could save for an even better card down the track...

I don't think the 9800 PRO is decent comparison to the 6600GT? It is like choosing GF4 TI to GF3 TI series...

WHATS WORSE A VIDEO CARD WAR OR A FERRET IN YOUR PANTS! :confused:

No offense but neither Video card OR processor wars on TF are bad wars at all.

It's worse in the DJ sector.

bro get a 939 because the 754 can support up to 3 gigs of ram and the 939 can support up to 4 gigs and has dual channel. the 939 has 6.4 gigs of memory bandwidth with pc 3200 which is the double of socket 754. the system bus bandwidth is 8 gigs which gives you a total of 14.4 gigs of total bandwidth and it has a 2000 mhz bus. the 754 has 3.2 gigs of memory bandwidth with pc 3200 only and has 6.4 gigs of system bus bandwidth this gives you a total of 9.6 gigs of total bandwidth. it has a lower cache in a lot of cases and its bus speed is 1600 mhz. the 939 also has support for SLI unlike the 754 which supports agp 8x and in some cases pci express

Did ATi ever release an X-700 (just plain old vanilla card not a Pro or XT or XT PE ) Also too, is it just me or ATi whipping the X800 brand a little too much, instead of trying to release which could be (we don't know yet!) an absolutley brilliantly mind exploder of card. They are releasing variantions of X800, such X850, X850 XT PE maybe they are trying to buy time (eh, who knows)

What's with the DJ war? sounds a bit like a joke of Chapelle show or even Ali-g (I don't mean to offend yo Crash but i got now idea about the scene in Canada.) :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom