6800ultra and 7800GTX (GPU'S)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last benchmark, where it had insane resolutions. THe 7800GTX had 34.9 FPS, while the 6800ULtra had 19.3 FPS. I rounded 34.9 to 35, and rounded 19.3 to 19. Its more like 93% performance.

gaara said:
havoc, 3dmark is a heavy directx benchmark and we all know that ATI gets an edge from directx engines

You've got a very good point. I've seem benchmarks for DOOM 3 going heavily to 6800 Ultra & benchmarks for FarCry going heavily to X800 series.

SLI 7800GTX's suck... not worth it

in some benchmarks, a single 7800 is better than SLI 7800's

Hacp said:
Isn't Farcry also Open GL? Its DirectX?

Since ATI does better on Far Cry, im assuming its Dx, cuz ATI cards perform noticebly worse in OpenGL games

Hmm I googled this, and I found out that Farcry can run on Direct 3D(LOL) and Open GL.

In general, they are about 25% faster. They really flex there muscles when you run really high resolutions and high AA due to there bandwidth architecture. So to so that it is 100% faster and stuff is way wrong. I would say that it also depends on your monitor whether or not it is worth it. If you have a big ass monitor and can run super high res, then yea the 7800 will be way faster than the ultra. But if you got a monitor that can only go up to like 1280x1024 or so, you wont see as much difference. It also depends on your cpu, The cpu has to send the data to your gfx card. If you dont have a fast cpu, you wont see as much diff. So, to really see a super big jump in fps with the 7800, your whole system needs to be pretty decent. But then again slo since the 7800 doesnt run as hot, i would think it would have more potential for ocing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom