6800GT has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a friend who owns a private video studio. makes educational videos and such. Payed me quite well for...guess what he payed me for? working with and fixing the computers :)

Don't worry about your score on 3dmark05, I think that's a darn high score especially if you haven't overclocked it yet. Sounds like a really sweet card. :D

Those temps are a little dissappointing. Mine idles around 38C load at 48C I thought it was a little high but now I realize it's not. It could be because of the less voltage my card uses.

You could try an aftermarket cooler or something, I've always had my eye on the Zalman V700-Cu myself. :p

I'm waiting for a WC setup with a MAZE4 GPU, not gonna bother with an aftermarket GPU heatsink.

It drops to 58C at night, but it's getting way too hot during the day, freakin summer.

But as far as I've read my temps are pretty normal, but still hot for my liking...I want everything cool as can be because I want 450core on this thing, although without some voltage boost that might be impossible

Maybe leave it at stock is best. :D

I don't overclock my video card, why? Because there is no point. I think the same should apply for you. Crank up the settings and if you are getting 50 fps don't bother overclocking.

But I guess you are into liquid cooling and all that so maybe you are just going to have to. :p

Theres always a point to overclocking. If you don't overclock then you simply don't understand.

I've already run it at Ultra settings no prob, but I crave more. OC'ing is an addiction with which there is no rehab

I know there's a point I'm just saying if you get fps above what your eye detects at the highest settings then is there?

Yeah there is, because yes those games are maxed out, but when the next game comes out, then it won't be that high now will it? And it will require those extra core and memory MHzs to be able to perform. Not to mention it's always a fun process of seeing how far you can get it and see what kind of benchmarking scores you can get. It's not all about just game play

There is a certain amount of satisfaction in doing it dale. there is a real sense of accomplishment when u get a card to perform higher than its supposed to. I OCed my old 9200 to 9550 speeds, and i felt a sense of accomplishment allright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom