6800GT Fan Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
Just currious what others with the 6800GT get as far as fan voltage, using Rivatuner. Mine runs at 53.1%. Is that normal? Is there any way to change it?

where are you even seeing fan voltage in riva tuner?

All I see is clock speeds and temps

yup that's where I figured you went after I thought about it a little bit later, but yeah mine doesn't show that. Infact theres only one option that's greyed out, the "Ambient Temperature"

Don't know what to tell ya :D

Wow, that's wierd. What version do you have? I have v2.0 Release Canidate 15.4.

Anyone else? I know Nubius and I aren't the only ones with 6800GT's here... :p

Is fan voltage the same as fan speed basically? Because my fan runs at like 32% idle and 47% load, it never goes close to full unless I use ATI tray tool to crank it up.

Yeah, that sounds like it might be right then. Might doesn't change when at load or idle though...

I got candidate 15.3 says 'New years version' under the About tab and has a santas hat and snow in the background haha.

I'll check for 15.4 but I'm thinking if my card doesn't support monitoring that sort of thing then it won't show the option =/ I'll let you know

Upon downloading the 15.4 it does infact have that option. Stays exactly at 53.1 like yours though, even stays that when when I load up a game, figured it might raise if it was being loaded but, I don't know

There should be a program you can use to crank up the fan speed. I know for ATI they have programs where you can adjust the speed of your fan. I turn it to 100% sometimes for fun. You can even adjust multiple temperature settings so that you can specify what speeds it will run at in various temperature ranges.

Should have programs for nvidia too. Don't see why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom