6800GT beats X800 XL, I think not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmmmmm....did you read this? The 6800 gt and ultra, AGP and PCIe have higher benchmarks everywhere.........????????? Obviously, the older generation 6600's don't measure up...but neither does ATI! 6800 gt's and now 7800's still rule the roost! "ATI fanboy" notwithstanding!

6800 Utra Vs X800XL? Some tests show that the ultra is faster, some that the X800XL is a lot faster (Half Life 2) in the above link. However, if you want the Ultra..that'll be £100 to £200 more thank you very much. Mind you, they do throw in a whiney fan for that (my X800XL is passively cooled. If you can afford to pay over the odds for near enough comparible performance in todays games, then each to their own.

Exactly....I would say, given the data from the article, that Nvidia is still in the drivers seat. But you are right...."to each his own"................se la vie!

Lets face it, Most of these new games out now are made to either favor ati or nvidia. benching shows no real comparason because they game is made to play awesome on one card and just average on the other. The only real way to decide what you want is from experience with both companies and the games you play. Besides the top of the line cards from both companies are going to be damn near tied for performance so it really doesnt matter. Benchmark tests means nothing to me. Getting the stuff and actually playing the games means the most to me.

Benchmarked tests are biased towards one company or the other anyways no matter what site it is. I saw on a Unreal2004 test that a 9800XT beats out all the X8** cards and 6*** cards. WHAT! I dont think so, so yea, benchamrks are rigged period. Go w/ your personal experience and decide from there, not from a benchamrk which is obviously rigged and biased towards one company or the other. Oh and BTW i have personal experience w/ a Powercolor X800XL and a Ledteak 6800GT................needless to say the 6800GT won all the way around in personal benchies.

Were they on the same system and motherboard, mem etc?

I have to take benchmarks/reviews into account as I can't afford trial and error. I tend to look at a lot and take an average. Sometimes it seems more difficult than buying a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom