6800 Ultra or X800 XT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i will do is Buy a new power supply and the 6800... but is it necessary to buy a new power supply if im going to have it on 4x?

Article

Not all 6800's come with a 2 slot design as you can see in that article:confused:

Both are great awesome cards, you really can't go wrong with either..... Yes, the Nvidia has PS3.0, everyone says that won't become a standard until probably 18 monthes from now, so unless you are a die hard FarCry player and don't plan on upgrading in 18 monthes, then sure ok:p

The 6800 is a 2 slot design, the X800 is not......

The 6800 will likely require a new PSU because it has requires 2 power connectors. Maximum PC tested the PSU requirements and found that you can run the 6800 on a high end quality PSU at say 400 watts barely, but you can't on a generic PSU. The X800 however uses less power then the 9800XT, so you can run it on the same PSU you have now:confused:

In my unfanboybiased opinion, even though the 6800 Ultra has a slight performance lead in the popular games and is future proof, the added extra cost of having to buy and install a new $100 PSU is just unneccesary on top of the $600 for the card:confused: I would rather go with the X800XT, because I do plan on upgrading it in the future:confused:

yes you're right, it is only the Ultra that takes up the adjacent PCI slot

I don't like the 6800's cooler, it is huge and loud. unless there is a better cooler for the 6800 (one that's smaller, quieter and looks better) I'll stay with the X800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom