6800 GT vs. 7800 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont see the fuss. I can play half life 2/CSS on my 9600SE with 256MB and the framrate is just fine. your X800 my not be the best of the best right now, but it will last. Im sure it will run Quake 4 just fine.

You may want to consider the card I got. I managed to find a Connect 3D Radeon X850 PL 256MB for $350 off Tigerdirect. I dont know about the connect 3D one but the X850 PL benchmarked higher then the 6800GT in many of the benchmarks I have seen which should be reasonable considering the price difference...but since I found it for $350...

i would wait til next year as you wanted to do before, so you can get the lastest and greatest to last you another few years. to me y spend the money top upgrade that will last a few more month's or so. When the next gen. of cards come out i really want to see what Ati is coming with to beat the 7800 series who knows.

Yeah, I have an AGP board and these cards aren't comming out in AGP anyways. I will have to wait for a new system. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom