6800 GT bench marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
I have the system below. I ran scored 15,000 on 3dMark01 and 7000 on 3dMark03. After doing some research I found that people with almost identical systems to mine are getting scores of around 21,000 in 3dMark01 and 12000 in 3dMark03. I tried a clean reformat, disabled everything is msconfig and i still cant get these scores!! Any suggestions?

well the AMD64 3200+ really isn't that powerful....but that should make THAT kind of difference between scores

You gotta realize everyones system is different though, BUT you need to make sure they aren't overclocking.

Chances are if they have a 6800GT especially from eVGA then they basically have near a 6800Ultra being that you can OC it to that and possibly past it relatively easily.

Still...you should probably be getting like 9k or so I thought, with the stock speed of that card.

Google "Video Card Overclock" or something along those lines. Or goto the Overclock section of these forums and check out the nice guide there.

I'm running a 6600gt with no overclocks at all and only 512 mb of ram. I got a 2200 on 3dmark03 at first and was very disappointed. I messed with the forceware settings a little (did not overclock) and got a 7746 the next time. But even before i messed with the settings the thing ran all my games (Battlefield Vietnam, City of Heroes, Warcraft, HL2, Counterstrike) at high with almost no hitches.

As long as your pleased with your gaming performance then dont worry about some lousy score.

Google coolbits, and the first link you want to click. Read that page and it will tell you everything you need to know. Try overclocking to 400/1100... that will be running at Ultra speeds. Then test and come back to here with your results. 400/1100 means 400mhz core speed and 1100mhz memory speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom