6600GT w/ AGP 4X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That finishes my inquiries. Do you have all those cards for testing? Or did you find benchmarks for comparable hardware to mine?

mjacobsca, i was in the exact same dilemma as u. 4x mobo which is about 2yrs old, with a vewry old video card that just wont cut it any more. I went back and forth wether to spend about $250 on the 6600gt in AGP or to upgrade to a PCI-e system. About a month later, i just put in the order yesterday, i went with an entire new system. The way i see it is like this. My cpu is old and would need to be replaced soon too. I have added more ram over the years, another hdd, but yet i still ag behind. If i were to upgrade piece by piece it would cost me a lot of cash, not worht it. Now i'll have 2 pc's, one which is topline AMD 64 system with the 6600GT and ready to go...hopefully by thurs.

Ok mr 6600 Ultura's

Rules state that you cannot flame another forum member, not local idiots ( i think )

6600GT all the way. A friend of mine has the 9600XT 256mb, I have the FX 5700, another friend has the 9600XT 128mb and trust, me you don't want any of those.

The 6600GT will completely own them all and you just might as well get that and upgrade your board later

d_source, I don't want to upgrade my mobo because I have a 3.06 chip in it that I just got a little over a year ago. The chip is more than capable of holding it's own for a while, so I was hoping I could just upgrade the card now. Of course, by the time I want to upgrade the chip, I"ll get a PCI-Express board, and then I won't want my card anymore... grrr the dilemmas!

As far as the price, my local PC store at the Leadtek 6600GT AGP for $189. They are a boutique store, and never have any competitive prices for video cards. I was shocked when I saw it since the price is lower than the best internet special I've seen. I ran home to look at some reviews of the card, and of course when I went back the next day, their ONE card was gone. They can order me another one though.

^^^sorry, just giving u my dilemma and how i solved since we were in a similar boat. If i had that fast a cpu then i wouldnt have bought the new pc either. Mine was 1.5ghz and my ram 512mb is slow as c0ck too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom