6600GT sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
well i searchd the forum for the answer but i got more confused then i was before, how much better is 2 6600gt's connected? like is it better than a 6800gt does it work like that? should i even bother, is it like confusing to setup. i know so little i read many articles that said it is a gimmick. and after reading too any non of them had made sense anymore. would i be better off with a 6800 gt or a SLI6600gt's

defo 1 6800GT. It beats 2 6600GTs in almost every test, plus it gives u the option to upgrade later one.

Quite simply:-

In some benchmarks, SLI'd 6600 GT's can outperform a single 6800 GT by a margain. However, instead I would get a single 6800 GT (which will be dropping in price radically very soon with the release of the new gen of GPU's), and put a second in later at a bargain price. OR: you could get a 7800 GTX, or wait until later this year for Radeon X900 to be unleashed. Depends what you want to play on your comp...

First, SLI is no gimmick. Expensive maybe for two top-of-the-range graphics cards, but well worth it for the immediate results.

Second, it is reletavely simple to install provided you have:-

Two identicall SLI ready cards
An SLI ready mainboard
A decent PSU
Some basic knowledge of Forceware (hardly rocket science :p ).

alright this whole SLI thing blew my mind after reading about it to much. ill probly wait till the price drop in the 6800gt and then buy one.

well i was reading an artical about sli, The tests show that it didnt double the scores but it will make some differences, i would expect for the 6800GT to be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom