6600GT power requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some do some dont, its manufacturer specific. Leadtek does, eVga Doesnt. The ones that do require the small molex (the one for the floppy). Or come with some sort of proprietary dongle looking thing.

I've got one that does. It uses the same 5V connection that you use for disk drives and CD-ROMs. Mine came with a Y-adapter so that you don't use up any extra drive connectors. I think some of them use the save 5V connector that floppy drives do. It's smaller and that makes it easier to fit on the graphics board.

My video card recommends at least a 350W power supply. Mine's running on a (very good Enermax) 300W power supply with no problems (so far).

The 6600GT requires a 4-pin connecter (1) which your PSU supplies my 6600GT came with a adapter which is just another connecter that a PSU has, the 4pin connecter is the ones which fit in to your HDD, CD-ROM Drives etc, my card recommends a 300/50Watt PSU.

Carpi: You edit all your posts to double-check and re-check for any spelling mistakes or grammer errors, or even if your information is wrong? Maybes? :).

6600GT AGP Require a 4 pin model connector. This goes for ALL AGP 6600GT'S

6600GT PCI-E may or may not require a 4 pin molex

Power consumption for a 550 \ 1100 speed 6600GT is around 100 watts

Originally posted by ApM Carpi: You edit all your posts to double-check and re-check for any spelling mistakes or grammer errors, or even if your information is wrong? Maybes? :).
Who's "Carpi?" Or was that a spelling mistake? :)

Generally, I edit my posts to make them clearer or add a thought. Don't always succeed though. And to fix grammar and spelling. But correct them because they are wrong? Who, me? Blasphemy!

Who's Carpi? You are, Carpicorn!, I was too lazy to write your full name out :), Come on it was a good frist guess and basicly I got it right, I bet no-one elce has guessed pure genious like that now have they! ;)

Leadtek does, eVga Doesnt.
eVGA does require the extra molex power. Regular 4pin for AGP, their PCI-E however doesn't have on indeed.

Who's Carpi? You are, Carpicorn!, I was too lazy to write your full name out
No he'd be capri not carpi, that is whe he was pointing out...so that's twice you've mispelled it

senseless said:
Some do some dont, its manufacturer specific. Leadtek does, eVga Doesnt. The ones that do require the small molex (the one for the floppy). Or come with some sort of proprietary dongle looking thing.

LEADTEK DOES??? oh crap...does it need a 6-pin molex connector for the pci-e version too (i can't find where to plug it!!! it came with my neopower480, but after searching for a place to connect it, i finally gave up and didn't connect it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom