6600GT OC or x800XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say wait until the entire 7 series comes out (Nvidia) so the 6800gt will drop in price. I would much rather have a 6800gt because the x800xl will be in need for an upgrade once the next-gen (near the end of this year) games come out. Pixel shader 3 will completely murder the x800xl's performance lead over the 6800gt that it currently has. I myself am waiting to do this, hoping that the 6800gt will drop to somewhere around $200-250 (US). It's currently $350 at ZipZoomFly but both Newegg and ZZF have periodic sales bringing the price close to $300. So...with the release of the 7 series these prices should plumet considerably, enough to make it worth buying. Or, the 7 series might prove to be a worthy advancement and thus cause it to be worth buying.

Ok its not a performance thing. The shader thing is just to make the games look better. Games will still support shader 1.1. The x800 Xl will last you for quite a while. Just hope that no one makes good popular games from the doom3 engine or a modified doom3 engine, and also hope that openGL dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom