6600gt + Nfsu2

Status
Not open for further replies.
4W4K3 said:
card i bet. My 9200 will play the game FULL detail on 1024*768 everything enabled and all that, but if smoke hits the screen, or dirt from off the track, it lags down to like 8FPS. It's most likely your card since my legit copy does the same thing. Try configuring your settings in Windows better. Also what DX version are you using?

what u mean DX, the version of the game? :confused: Its 1.0 if thats what u mean ;)

also where n what should I configure in windows?? this is the first card i've ever actually bought so not really with it installing n stuff

No he meant DirectX make sure you got DirectX 9.0c as that's the latest version.

try getting version 1.4 of the game lmao...it might fix all your problems:) (it might not work with your copy though for "certain" reasons, just try i guess)

In Windows you should be able to go into Display Properties and find Performance tabs and such for your card. Tuning it to lower/higher settings might render better gameplay. Mins sure does, i turn on AA&AF and the game looks MUCH better.

EDIT: actually this is NFSU2 isn't it? NFSU has the 1.4 out, i'm not sure about NFSU2. Go to the website and look for the latest patch.

hmm, ive been playin with the settings a bit and i cranked the res down to 800x600 and it ran almost perfect except for the fact it look kinda crap..
i wnt into display settings and put AA n AF Off and turned the control off in games... it helped a bit, in 1280x1024 the fps stayed about 20 when i did a huge smoke.. so thx for ur helps and if ne1 else has other ideas plz let me knwo =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom