6600gt need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok today im got money know to try and see about buying a 6600gt and stuff i would like to know what a good one and what infor do i need do i have to buy aftermarket cooling for this and what are the temps oh this baby.

get the eVGA 6600gt and you have to burn it in (put the gfx card at load, such as graphic stressing programs, 3dmark05 [especially nature], and play games on it before overclocking)

for aftermarket cooling, the zalman 700-cu seems good, i dunno about the nV silencer 6 though

If you want a breakdown of a bunch of the cards specs and reviews, Toms Hardware Page, www.tomshardware.com, just did a review of about 7 of the cards. Take a look I think they cover all the stuff you are looking for.

eVGA for step up program and all around good quality but the heatsink isn't that great.

leadtek for also good quality and better heatsink. Today some dude in xtremesystems was benching his at like 600/1300 or something like that so obviously for OC'ing those leadteks are a good buy. But if it wasn't for eVGA's step up I wouldn't have a 6800GT right now :D

Nubius said:
eVGA for step up program and all around good quality but the heatsink isn't that great.

leadtek for also good quality and better heatsink. Today some dude in xtremesystems was benching his at like 600/1300 or something like that so obviously for OC'ing those leadteks are a good buy. But if it wasn't for eVGA's step up I wouldn't have a 6800GT right now :D

meh i'm too lazy to go over to XS right now

was that on air

maybe i should start experimenting :)

eh but i get lock-ups at 550/1100

F**K!!!!!!!!!

nubius do you think my lock-ups are due to not enough burn in time (i barely have any) or maybe a sudden increase in speed? (i increased from 500/1000 to 550/1100 without anything in between)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom