6600GT or 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
Got some b-day money guys!! I can afford the 6800GT but I am playing games like warcraft, ghost recon, NFSU(2), Rollercoaster tycoon etc.. Is it really worth getting the 6800GT or will the 6600GT be more than enough for my needs? I will be ordering tomorrow so I need some answers!!!! I am going gigabyte either way.

get the eVGA 6600gt
it will be more than enough for what you do
also it is quite cheap right now
so buy it and be happy
make sure you buy online as many stores have much higher prices
tell us how it works out

no, but the 6600GT would be a smart idea because you'll probably going to upgrade when the G70/R520 get shipped.

I have the Gigabyte 6600GT and it works more then fine for me. I love the thing other than the heat issue i had, and still kinda have with it. I installed a Zalman ZM80D heatsink on it and it dropped a bit on idle. Other than that minor issue, i'de say go with the 6600GT!

Cheers-

get the leadtek 6600gt extreme, im getting mighty fed up with these fanboys that buy nothing but evga, gigabyte, etc... I go with whatever is currently the best, and right now, the leadtek 6600gt is the best, no matter how nice looking the mermaid on the evga heatsink is. Because it is clocked at 550/1120 versus the evga or gigabyte that are clocked at 500/1000.

^ I can up the clock on it easily if i want to. Just want to know that if I spend 190 on this verses 330. Id rather spend the 190 but if the 190 isnt good enough, then i want to spend more. I wqant to be able to actually play my games.

6600gt will be fine, but upping the clock speed voids the warrenty. with leadtek you get a hearty overclock out of the box without voiding any warrentys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom