Which 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooltgle

Baseband Member
I was going to buy a 6600GT for my computer as my 5700Ultra is starting to blow. I was looking on Newegg for the different AGP8x 6600GT models and wondering which brand to buy so i can A) get the best framerates, B) overclock it the best, and C)not have to worry about buying a new card for some time. Basically which is the best brand. Any help is greatly appreciated.

They are all pretty much the same (XFX is used with the record holders for overclocking, but they are known to have DOA's alot.)

EVGA is highly recomended here, with Leadtek right behind it. Leadtek comes with a HUGE heatsink, as standard, which is good. But EVGA has a upgrade thing, where you can trade in your card for a new one, and you pay the difference.

go with the eVGA. the leadtek heatsink is huge on the 6800 GT, but not on the 6600GT. Its GPU heatsink is great, but on the 6600 it doesnt cover the mem cells. the eVGA one does. go with eVGA

If you cen get the Leadtek extreme edition, get it. It is clocked at 550/1120, compared to stock speeds of 500/1000. I'm not sure if they make the extreme edition for AGP however.

I got the eVGA and it's great. In retrospect I would have got the Leadtek for the huge heatsing for OCing.

people! i think ur getting the 6800 GT and the 6600 GT confused. the leadtek 6800 GT has the massive heatsink. the 6600 GT has a great heatsink that covers the GPU - but not the memory. if u want a good heatsink for the 6600 GT, go with the eVGA, it uses the reference heatsink which covers both heatsink and memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom