64MBs of RAM being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoinTimeSublime

Baseband Member
My computer has a crappy 64Mb allocated Graphics card (planning on uprading) but in the mean time i was wondering if while i am using my coputer is that also being used or is it only beign used during games? I kinda doubt it's being used but i'm a newbie and thought i'd ask.

Your system will allocate 64MBs of memory for the video card and it works just like a regular video card in the sense it is dedicated to the video card so yes, you will lose 64MBs to the card. I would upgrade the card to something else so you can free up the extra memory for your system.

Your video card converts instructions from the CPU into a specific format so that the monitor knowns how to arrange pixels on the screen. Therefore it is constantly using the VRAM on your card (even if you are in Windows) to store temporary information.

DRAM is used for storing temporary information regarding processes on your system (applications, etc.), so that your system doesn't have to recall information from the hard drive everytime it is needed (HDDs are incredibly slow as they are the only mechanical part to a computer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom