64 bit applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you have a beta of the new xp 64 bit edition , you cant run them on WIN xp pro even if you have a 64bit cpu.

Exactly right. The applications would be useless if the environment that you are running it on is still the 32-bit ver. of XP.

-Mike

yup if you have a 32 bit os your 64 bit chip wont do much for you except run at stock speed. There is a xp 64 bit out there but it c0omes with intels trillium cpu and its like 7000 usd lol

It looks like in reality that you may have to wait a little longer than a few months. No 64 bit OS thus no 64bit programs yet. Your 64bit processor however, does run 32 bit programs at a nice clip.

yes it does run at amazing speeds

just wanted to max out it capabilities maybe I will just overclock it to see what it can really do

m3incorp said:
It looks like in reality that you may have to wait a little longer than a few months. No 64 bit OS thus no 64bit programs yet. Your 64bit processor however, does run 32 bit programs at a nice clip.

not true, there is a 64-bit version of windows xp that is available right now, and "longhorn" will be out in 2k5, which will also be 64-bit, i hope intel brings out its 64-bit chip soon, and winxp-64 isnt in beta, its out, they have it for sale on their website, and i can get a free copy of it from work (i work for a microsoft company)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom