5900XT or 9600XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
I was thinking of getting a new graphic card since all these kool games are coming out this month and since I started 3D modeling and animation. Which video card would be better, the nvidia 5900XT 128MB DDR or the Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR?

--
thanx :D

i dont think you are going to see an amazing performance increase when going from a 9600 to a 5900 or a 9600 xt 256 for that matter. if you want a noticable performance increase i would go for the nvidia 6800 or x800 or if your a little low on cash get a high end ati 9800

yeah it'd be pointless to go with those cards. Either save up for the eVGA 6800GT which can be overclocked to and possibly past Ultra speeds, or if you can't get that, then the 6600GT's and X700's should be getting released near christmas and it'd be definitely worth waiting to see how those do.

The best one to get is the 6800Gt cause when the 6600's come out the price would have dropped. Plus you would be able to play those new games w/ good settings. Also the 9600XT is better to answer your question but you wouldnt see much of a performance diff.

i currently have the 9600 SE, which sucks compared to those like 5900XT. Mine has an effective clock of 400 and I was looking on newegg at the 5900XTs that go up to 800 effective clock so I thought it won't lagg as much on high settings and it would also be faster when rendering 3d objects and animations.

I always wait for the prices of video cards to drop. That 6800 isnt worth 400 dollars. In half a year its going to be half the price. I would go with the 9800 pro or xt.. you'll be happy with it for half the price.

I would recommend the nvidia, because I know for a fact and all my friends use nvidia. Plus radeon is not stable

lol.....radeon is not stable......hahaha i own a nvidia 6800 so im on nvidias side but saying radeons arent stable is just plain stupid....stfu please.......

I would recommend getting a BFG 6800 OC only 299$ and is a lot better than the 9800 pro......and almost as good as GT

please respect the other members.

--jak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom