5900 compaired to 9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voxx.013

Baseband Member
im in a pickle

i am looking for a new video card, stuck between fx5900 xt or a 9800pro

both bascily same price .

what is better, im unsure. please be serious, as i know every 1 in inlove with ATI .

thanks

ok :p

thanks .

if you could anwser, why dose the fx 5950 ultra have a better engine and memory clock then a 9800 XT ?

both are like more then 70 mhz more.

it doesn't just matter on the clock speeds.. the engine and memory on the x800 pro are clocked WAYYY higher than those of even the 6800 Ultra... but still since the 6800 has a better gpu (i know this is gonna cause a lotta argument now lol) and more pipelines it still comes out as the dominant card... soo the reason why nvidia loses out to ati in the last generation cards is because ati had the better gpu at the time :)

_SiLv3R_ said:
it doesn't just matter on the clock speeds.. the engine and memory on the x800 pro are clocked WAYYY higher than those of even the 6800 Ultra... but still since the 6800 has a better gpu (i know this is gonna cause a lotta argument now lol) and more pipelines it still comes out as the dominant card... soo the reason why nvidia loses out to ati in the last generation cards is because ati had the better gpu at the time :)

Lets not turn this into another X800 vs. 6800 thread. He was asking about the diffences between the 9800 and the FX 5900 series. The GeForce FX 5950 Ultra is the only GeForce FX that I would actually consider a good card, but it still doesn't beat out the Radeon 9800 Pro and 9800XT.

i was using them as an example :p.. and i get entertained by the 100s of threads that get opened up every week on that topic.. must u ruin my fun? :(

_SiLv3R_ said:
i was using them as an example :p.. and i get entertained by the 100s of threads that get opened up every week on that topic.. must u ruin my fun? :(

LOL, i know, hundreds of threads get started up on 6800 vs. X800 every week. I used to like them because if gave me a chance to bash the X800 Pro. Here's the deal, how about we both start a thread entitled "X800 vs. 6800 - What's better?" Then we get all our friends to join TF and start the same thread. :p Sound like fun?

very much so :D.. altho i wont talk for the hundreds of ppl that have alrady answered that question and who will try to kick our asses for bringing up the same infernal topic up for the.. hmm lemme count :confused:... 912,123,6656,754th time :).. didnt know i cud count that high :p

tomshardware and anandtech have excellent reviews on both the 9800 and the 5900. Check them out

I suggested this dude get the Sapphire 9600XT 256mb Card because he's not a big time gamer. $150 figured that'd be a good card for that budget, anyone else agree with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom