56k Modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so its a PCI modem card used with Windows 98 - Go to control panel - click on system --> Device Manager

Your modem should be listed under PCI devices OR Modems. If you see an yellow qeustion mark or exclamation mark there is a problem with the driver.

After reveiwing your original post the current modem sounds like it is stuck in a "connection mode". new PCI modems are available for around $10.00 (US currency)

Ok so its a PCI modem card used with Windows 98 - Go to control panel - click on system --> Device Manager

Your modem should be listed under PCI devices OR Modems. If you see an yellow qeustion mark or exclamation mark there is a problem with the driver.

After reveiwing your original post the current modem sounds like it is stuck in a "connection mode". new PCI modems are available for around $10.00 (US currency)

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I went to the device manager and it shows the card as okay, no problems. Oh well.......

We're gonna put in a new card.

Then we'll gently take the old card outside, toss it high in the air, and blast it into a thousand pieces with my 12 gauge shotgun!

That might not help it, but it will sure feel good. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I went to the device manager and it shows the card as okay, no problems. Oh well.......

We're gonna put in a new card.

Then we'll gently take the old card outside, toss it high in the air, and blast it into a thousand pieces with my 12 gauge shotgun!

That might not help it, but it will sure feel good. :D

this may be due to a defect in the phone line itself ...but this will be pretty impossible to fix , except through the operator ...hee wat u should do...

try the labtop u got , if the same problem exist , its sure the phone line , if NOT ,simply buy ur new modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom