512mb 6800ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
the vast majority of people dont even use 1 gig of SYSTEM memory nevermind 1gig of graphics memory. in fact i dont think there is anygame that will use 256mb of graphics memory so why even get the 512mb version nevermind 2of them. plus £590 EACH thats about 1110USD that is crazy. why pay that much when 2 6800gts in sli would be cheaper and performane alot better.

Doom 3 uses 512MB, but if you have 256MB and set your AGP Aperture size to 256MB, you can overcome this limitation. No other game even uses a whole 256MB. 512MB cards at this time is just marketing hype.

aj2003 said:
the vast majority of people dont even use 1 gig of SYSTEM memory nevermind 1gig of graphics memory. in fact i dont think there is anygame that will use 256mb of graphics memory so why even get the 512mb version nevermind 2of them. plus £590 EACH thats about 1110USD that is crazy. why pay that much when 2 6800gts in sli would be cheaper and performane alot better.

2x 6800GT's would be cheaper but not better peformance...

OMFG!!!!!!!! Seriously, if nVidia keeps this up, they are going to overload their GPUs. lol

hmm i still think 2 6800GT SLIed would beat it tbh, but we wont know till sum bench marks come out using it.

@desiboi your sig is far to big with that amd logo.

Not to burst everyones buble...

The way nVidia has implemented the extra memory allows ONLY 512MB EVEN WHEN IN SLI. I read this somewhere, and it made sense, I will see if I still have the site im my history. Will post again if I find the info...

One gig would be cool if it was possible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom