Is 512 Mb (Corsair CMX Pro - PC3200) Enough Ram 2 Play FarCry???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
I am going to be running an AMD64 2800+ or a 3000+ with a Radeon 9800 PRO (128 Mb). Is 512 Mb of RAM (see title for brand) going to be enough memory to play FarCry? I am going to be getting another 512 Mb 2 weeks later., but for now, am I going to be ok? Thx in advance, I really appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure on the box it said the recommended system requirements were to have 512MB and a minimum of something less. So, I think you'll be fine.

I played this game on my computer and yes 512 is enough but 1 GB is even better. It is also the 1st game to take advantage of 256 M of Video RAM. I played it with all bells and whistles and didn't have a problem.

zerozero said:
I played this game on my computer and yes 512 is enough but 1 GB is even better. It is also the 1st game to take advantage of 256 M of Video RAM. I played it with all bells and whistles and didn't have a problem.

I have a very similar setup, except I have 2x256, what resolution do you play it on?

1280 x 1024
cpu not overclocked
ati slightly oc'd at 411/370 stock cooling
lowest fps in game was around 25-30 mark

i had 512mb tried to play farcry and on the loading screen it keept crashing, got another 512mb, and it runs fine, my advice is, be safe and get another 512mb, for future games your gonna need it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom