$500, what would you suggest?

Do you think this concept will attract tonnes of customers ?

• rubbish idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad idea

• not too good idea

• ok idea

• fairly good idea

• good idea

• great idea

• the one and only great idea !

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I voted for new vid card. If you feel that your X800 Pro is beyond help (performance-wise, that is), get yourself a 6800 GT/Ultra.

Buuuut as the others have said, saving up for a whole new system is going to pay off a lot more in the long run...

gaara said:
The next major platform for AMD in Q1 of next year. The biggest change would be the migration to DDR2.

You are indeed in an interesting situation. For example, since I am using socket 939 which has access to all of AMDs current cores I intend on skipping AMD and DDR2 unless they impress me otherwise. You also would be looking at an AGP card, and buying a new one would be silly at this point.

Since you don't have any intention of overclocking though, save your money

333 FSB as well

Anyways, the power is 3 is going to be 3x SLI :rolleyes:

why does he need a graphics card? the x800pro isnt dated. heck its only second to the top of the line. I would say ram or save up for a new system.

Well, buying another AGP would be kindda waste of $$ at this stage. I'd say you should save up. Put up with your X800 pro for a lil while longer :)..

But at $500 I would just save up and get a nice rig. You could do what Sniper said and then switch it over when you get a new build.

I voted for you to wait!

As YanBooth mentioned, you are building an M2 next year by the sounds of it. I would just wait.

I dont think that getting another AGP vid card just to throw it away in less than a year is clever.

save up 100 or 200 more and get a semi cheap pci express mobo and a pci express vid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom