$500, what would you suggest?

Do you think this concept will attract tonnes of customers ?

• rubbish idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad idea

• not too good idea

• ok idea

• fairly good idea

• good idea

• great idea

• the one and only great idea !

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most obvious thing, the graphics card. Don't go all out though, save the rest of the money for the next rig.

(Wait until the 11th before getting anything.)

Trifid said:
Most obvious thing, the graphics card. Don't go all out though, save the rest of the money for the next rig.

(Wait until the 11th before getting anything.)

What happens on the 11th? excuse me, I haven't kept up the past week.

The Video card is fine for gaming. Not too high-end but still good. I say go with the 2GB RAM. If you game a lot, which is what your sig implies, then the 2GB will be a major improvement. Another Gig of RAM will only cost you $100 or less, so you would still have $400 left over. You coud use that $400 to upgrade your video card. If you only want RAM, then heck, with $500 you could get 4 GB of RAM lol.

EDIT: Yea, I'd like to know what happens on the 11th also, lol.

I voted for "wait" because I know Barry is planning socket M2, so nice, new RAM could not be moved to his new computer, that is my point of view.

Yan

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

It is a terrible slogan, but something is happening on the 11th. Hoply take the 6800's price down.

M2 is AMD's new socket due out some time.

I'm thinking save up a little more, and get a new motherboard, CPU and GPU, so you can go PCIE for future ease.

Sorry, not familiar with Socket M2, what is it?

The next major platform for AMD in Q1 of next year. The biggest change would be the migration to DDR2.

You are indeed in an interesting situation. For example, since I am using socket 939 which has access to all of AMDs current cores I intend on skipping AMD and DDR2 unless they impress me otherwise. You also would be looking at an AGP card, and buying a new one would be silly at this point.

Since you don't have any intention of overclocking though, save your money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom