5.1 surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I have 5.1 surround sound speakers, but every time I go to set that in my sound settings, it ends up putting it back to just 2 speakers.

I click on advanced and select the speakers that I have, but after a restart or after a while, it puts it back to just 2 speakers. Is there some other setting I need to check?

Are you talking about the volume control in Windows, or the volume control for your card?

No... I mean, if I go to

Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices -> Sounds and Audio Devices

From here, I click on advanced under "Speaker Settings." Under the speaker tab it asks you to select what kind looks like your setup. I always pick the 5.1 (because I have 5.1 surround sound) but later sometime it switches it back to just two speakers.

did ur soundcard come with somekind of software?, i had that problem too, i changed it to 5.1 in audio devices and the problem wasnt fixed, so i looked at the settings in my realtek card and just changed it there to 5.1 and everything was fixed

contry said:
did ur soundcard come with somekind of software?, i had that problem too, i changed it to 5.1 in audio devices and the problem wasnt fixed, so i looked at the settings in my realtek card and just changed it there to 5.1 and everything was fixed
Where are these settings you speak of? Which settings?

I've had the same problem, for some reason it never wants to stick within Windows. I think Windows has to detect all the plugs are connected in, I'm not sure though. This is a fishy problem, I believe that you may have to configure them totally with the software that came with the sounbd controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom