4x card 8x slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekster

In Runtime
I upgraded my mobo . pcchips 916 with 8x agp slot. I have a msi 4x geforce card . At boot up I have no graphics at all. Got any ideas.

Specs: pent 4 2.0 gig ,256mb ddr ram, win xp

Some mobos support both. The question shoud be though, why did you get a pcchips? The mobo is probley dead lol.

Try boot into your bios and then change you agp settings from 8x to 4x in the bios it should be there.

Their website says its a 8x not both, so you are going to have to get another grafics card.

Some motherboards support both 4x and 8x. I have an 8x AGP video card, my motherboard does not support 4x.

-Dan The Man

um AGP speeds MUST be backwards compatible. google it, a 1,2 and 4x should work on an 8x... however an 8x may not work on a 4x (some will, but not many) If you dont believe me just google for agp speed backward compatible... u may just need to change voltage settings is all

That why i am confused.I did google it and the info i got seemed to say it should work.I looked up the info before i bought the mobo.But I got a couple of questions.Sevoma, whats wrong with pcchips?. tOny, ,why are people smart? Neosteve,How can I boot to bios without any graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom