3DMark05 Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Well, I just ran 3DMark05 and I got 2534, is that normal for a 6800? It seems kind of low to me.

i dont know if thats normal or not, but 3d marks are getting pretty demanding, and none are the same, u will always get different scores eg. 3dmark "2534" aquamark "4000+" so dont get bumbed until u have alot of feed back.

it is prolly good for all you and i know :p

if not then something is bottle necking

that score stinks.. I'm not quite sure how good that card is supposed to do, but I'm getting 2800 (9800xt) on '05 and beedubaya is getting over 5K with his x800...

Maybe it's only supposed to do that good, but I can't see how the GT would perform 2x's better for only a little more cash...

either way that sucks.. he's using a 64b chip and a card that should outperform mine...

Ok I looked up some benchies.. the evga 6800 should be getting 9K on 3dk03, and with a 64b it should do a bit better... 19k on 3dk01 and roughly 54k on A3... So he should be getting at least a 3k on 3dk05

the 6600 should prove to be pretty good. 128mb of DDR3 memory with 8 pipelines at $199 I think it's what it'll come out at.

either way that sucks.. he's using a 64b chip and a card that should outperform mine...

Not really. That seems to be about right. I doubt his RAM is running in Dual Channel like yours probably is and it looks like you have performance series. Beyond that the 9800XT is a pretty powerful card and you probably have 256mb on that thing too. So basically the 6800 128mb version has less of the same kind of DDR2 memory that yours does and the only difference is that the 6800 has 4 more pipelines, which won't make up for the 9800XT's brutal power. The 3Dmark05 is much more GPU orientated than CPU this time around.

Well, here is a re-post of the scores

3DMark03: 8798

3DMark05: 2563

Im am guessing by your posts I am right about where I should be. I am sure that the score is lower because I do have lower-end ram, and as you said the 6800 is on the low end of the line for the series. So I might possibly concider using the eVGA step-up and get a GT or an Ultra. Compared to the benchmark results in Maximum PC Magazine, on a 6800 Ultra they were getting around 13k overclocked, with the fasted cpu's out. So I think im where I need to be, thanks for the repleys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom