3Dmark05 compairison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I understand that, but eh, it still looked gorgeous and more crisp either way

DoomUK said:
I must stress: HL2's the only game which that happens in...

HL2 can't run with 6x AA on Nvidia cards, so it defaults to no AA. Put it on 4x and you will be great.

5173 is my 3dmark05 score.

HL2 can't run with 6x AA on Nvidia cards, so it defaults to no AA.
You sure? Because going from 4x to 6x didn't look crappy to me, which you're basically implying it'd go from 4x to no AA seems like I would have noticed the jaggies get worse

beedubaya said:
HL2 can't run with 6x AA on Nvidia cards, so it defaults to no AA. Put it on 4x and you will be great.

That's a new one to me...

BTW, the last time I ran 3DMark05 on the specs below I got 5,335. My record score was 5,741 (after bumping my system frequency up to 220, my GPU overclocked to levels of sillyness :D ).

doomUK....

i played around with AA and AF for a bit to find optimal settings for the 6600gt. what i found was....

if you have AA enabled in you Advanced Display settings... that will overly HL2's internal AA settings.. so you either need to....

)set your Advanced Display settings to 'aplication controled' and use HL2's ingame AA settings.

)or what i do is... Specify the AA settings in Advanced Displays settings... and turn HL2's ingame AA to none... this gave me the best resault.... especially since my Advanced display settings can go up to 8x... HL2's settings only go up to 6x.

If you have BOth the ingame and advanced display AA enabled... it will look more jaggy.... u can test this some were with powerlines ingame.... exampled i was doing my settings test at the first level were u run into the Helicopter... it right after were u need to plile up those cinder blocks to get over the wall and up into the water way or cannal or whatever it is.
----------------------------------------------------
quick question.... when i was testing setting... it didnt appear that AA afected performance to me watso ever. weather it be 2x or 8x. but i did notice some performance drop at 16x AF.

Did AA not realy affect u guys also?

and i didnt run any timedemos yet(i still have to find them) but what do u think of these fps readings..... same specs....

)1024x768 res(highst res monitor on it currently supports, will test with diff monitor) highest everything.(no tweaks to HL except enabled cl_showfps), ingame AA disabled. Advanced AA 4x, AF 8x, Quality image settings.

)in large areas with lotsa detail the peak low is 24fps. small areas the peak high is 100 something about 155fps.

most of the time its always around 60fps. 100fps in hallways. 50fps ween im on the water bout thingy and chased by the helicopter.

Very nice work Nubius

My score is in my Sig. Although i dont know why my set up gets such crap results... aw well

Cheers-

Those scores are fine. I've got more or less the same setup as you and I get around the same...

ive got a 3.2, p4p800e-Deluxe

all these are stock
Aquamark - 51k
3dMAkr01 - 16.5k
3dMark03 - 7.9k
3dMark05 - 3.3k

So you've got nothing to worry about, they are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom