3D Mark score

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in my sig. 5,928.
Considering the difference in price between a 3.4 p4 and an FX-55 it seems like the better option for you would have been to get a little bit weaker processor and a more powerful video card. I think the FX-55 is a little overpriced, I'm sure there isa better 'bang for your buck' AMD or something.
But I suppose it you add the card later then you will make up for it, I just would have done it originally myself. But then again like people say 3dmark is more gpu than cpu. Though it still uses cpu a lot.

12,398 marks lol
Not bad man!
tried 433/1183 and it locked up and I had to restart, so I'm think 425 like you will probably be my cap until I get better cooling, but being that my card is only two days old the memory is doing good It can do 1175 thus far and after a weeks burn in should do even better......
So much for taking it easy for a while huh :D I know, it is tough to resist pushing them. 425 is already a pretty big OC (~22%), so that isn't bad at all. Your memory is definately doing better than mine. Last time I tried 1150 the freakin' ground was purple :eek:

Definately post back when you get the WC set up. I want to see 450!!!

It's in my sig. 5,928.
Considering the difference in price between a 3.4 p4 and an FX-55 it seems like the better option for you would have been to get a little bit weaker processor and a more powerful video card. I think the FX-55 is a little overpriced, I'm sure there isa better 'bang for your buck' AMD or something.
But I suppose it you add the card later then you will make up for it, I just would have done it originally myself. But then again like people say 3dmark is more gpu than cpu. Though it still uses cpu a lot
Aren't you gonna scream and gripe to him about how he could take the time to read your sig.......

Ton - your system is performing right on par and 3dmark01 pretty much proves that as even if I had a higher OC than your 6800 with mine, the overall score would still be like 5k less which is all your systems doing ;)

Yup highest aquamark I got was 58,888 but that's another overall system based benchmark. That extra 5k ya got is mainly memory bandwidth.

3dMark05 barely touches the CPU, so you can't even compare.

I underclocked my FX to 2.0 ghz and lost 50 points on 05...what does that say???

Also Futuremark is known to favor ATI cards, so don't even start with that 'should have gotten an XT PE' crap.

Also Futuremark is known to favor ATI cards, so don't even start with that 'should have gotten an XT PE' crap.
Theres a big discussion about that at xtremesys....futuremark HEAVILY favors ATI....basically sucking money out of their pockets.

ATI approved drivers for ORB are really up to date whereas nvidias are like from december.....futuremark is ridiculously biased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom