3D LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise_M

In Runtime
Hi,

I've been looking into buying a 3D LCD Monitor but their descriptions include phrases such as "enhanced S-3D Compatibility with Popular Graphic Cards." I have an on-board graphics card and my motherboard won't accept an upgrade.

Also mentioned:

"HDMI/HDCP Support:
The latest pieces of terminal, simultaneously connectable with a single cable, make easy and convenient connection with imaging devices and gaming machines for the high quality images and the sound."

I don't know what this means. Can this monitor be connected to any computer using the usual monitor port or would it need a special type of port?

I also just recently read that DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card is required. My motherboard manual states that I have 6-Channel audio, but doesn't mention anything else.

Just to be on the safe side, before I buy one, I'd like to know if it's compatible with my computer and if I'll get the 3D that I'm paying for without upgrading my video card.

Additionally, this information is given:
Ports 2 x DVI-I
1 x HDMI
1 x Component Video In
1 x S-Video
1 x Composite Audio/Video In
6 x USB 2.0 In

Would I need to connect the monitor using all of these connections? My present 19" LCD monitor has 1 cable connected to my computer and a power cable.

I can give specific links to the monitors that I've been looking at, if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom