$3000 to spend on a gaming rig. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan

Daemon Poster
Ok, i have around $3000 to spend on a brand new gaming rig. Any ideas? Anything apart from Alienware, Falcon, Voodoo, etc (a little bit too pricey).

a little bit too pricey how do u figure if u have 3000$ but ill tell ya what u want
1gb OCz platinum unless ur not overclocking go generic
u should get an intel 630 3.0ghz 64 bit processor but most people will say amd go intel
2x 7800gtx in sly

case of ur choice
probably 2 74gb 10000 rpm drives
thats should be good
and of course a new power supply with a lot of juice
and opticals and all that that i left out

You can get the best for that amount$. Best place to start is by searching the forums, theres a ton of posts on this topic. Once you see what is recommended, lay it out, and the experts here will tell you if any changes are necessary. It wont take you u long to figure out what is good.

don't mind building it, not too sure of the 7800s in SLI, timmer, thats over a 1000 right there

im putting it together in a newegg shoppig cart right now to see lol ill tell ya in about 5 mins

ohhh yea its well under the 3000 he could get a real nice monitor and all the optical drives he wants and ll the stuff he will need with what i listed it comes to a little over 2100
900 to buy opticals monitor psu
ohhh yea thats sickness ohhh yea
u could get a lot better cpu too i wouldnt get dual core right yet i here they are buggy but a better 64bit intel like this one would be good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116196

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom