3 pci-x x16 slot motherboard??

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Jetway, I give it a BIIIIIIGGG thumbs down... WAAAAAAAAY down!

Tis odd though. I suppose it is so you can have SLi, and use the other one to have additional monitors. You could easily have 6 monitors all hooked up to 3 6800's on that board, thats kinda cool.

It's there for a reason. Jetway is not a good board, so they are always trying to make up for that. Just like ASRock, they throw on features that seem cool but make the board absolutely suck. NVidia is prolly going to do something later on that will involve 3 of those slots, and they wanted to be future proof. I'm sure all the other mobo companies knew about this, but realize that it would be stupid to include it now OR realize that this new technology (whatever it may be) will suck. Jetway wants to just have it 'in case' something good happens with them. Idiots.

the 3 slots are for ATI cards in crossfire because crossfire supports a rediculous number of video cards at the same time, something like 350 video cards working together.

Actually, i like the idea of 350 vid cards...they can each do like 3 pixels and then ud have UBER gfx lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom