3 Monitor Setup, Video Card Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senseless

Daemon Poster
Ok, so as far as i know of the only card that can handle a 3 monitor setup is the Matrox p750. Which needless to say isn't a very good gaming card.

I've got an sli setup with 2 6800 gts, but the only way i can run 3 monitors is if i take them out of sli. Which defeats the purpose of sli. The p750 comes with a breakout that converts 1 dvi into 2 vga outputs (with their own channels). Is there any way of using this converter to get 3 outputs from 1 card? I tried it at work on a 6600 gt and alas it didn't work. I'm assuming this would require some sort of driver hack in order to get the third output. Are there any options here?

Are there any other video cards that im overlooking that have 3 monitor out? Or maybe another route i could take?

The goal is to have 3 monitors so there isnt a line going down the center of your focal point. (from the case)

so your goin to be using all 3 in game? this will be a very nice setup but the more monitors u up on the worse the graphics will get. I think u should try and use the 2 cards not in sli and have one to the middle off one card and the two sides off the other becuase u wont be looking at the side ones as much so need to most on the middle and it doesnt really matter than ur only using the 8x speed cos the card doesnt use that full speed anyhow. make sure the games u wanna use it for support it though or ur gonna waste ur money on the monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom