2x6600GT or 1x6800GT ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway getting back to the main topic...

i think that im gonna try and go for the 6800GT. Ive heard it can be overclocked to ultra speeds. The main thing that has ushed me in this direction is this: If i buy 2 6600GT's i may get better performance in some applications, but if i ever wanna upgrade my graphics card i need to chuck out (or something) two 6600gt's! With the 6800GT however, if i want to upgrade i can just get another 6800GT and have wicked awesome graphics :)

anyone know which brand i should be looking at? Currently on the cards is : xfx 6800GT PV-T45G-UDF7, BFG 6800GT OC edition W68256GTOCXI, or the MSI 6800GT NX6800GT-T2D256E.
any suggestions? im leaning toward BFG or XFX, but some performance ideas would be welcome. Im going to get a NV5 arctic silencer too for some ultra speeds :)

cheers for all the info so far guys

specifically...the eVGA has the best tendency to OC to Ultra speeds so I suggest that one.

XFX is buggy, and don't let BFG's "OC" title fool you..it's a mere 20MHz extra on the core...that's hardly an overclock, but it's enough to market it and get more money ;)

EDIT: Also...the eVGA has the heatsink on it that's meant for the Ultra, so it may be just as good as the nv Silencer since it's basically a heatsink meant for the heat and power of an Ultra on a card that's not the Ultra :p

i cant find the eVGA card anywhere in Aust computer stores. Ill keep looking though. I know the BFG OC has only been overclocked by 20 Mhz core, but ive read reviews on it that have overclocked way beyond ultra speeds. Apparently thats pretty much the norm with the card too.

we sell/have sold things to people in australia.. You can pay by e-check. You can call us, order online, or through live chat on the website.. We're in the office from 10am to 7pm est.

prolly 2 weeks, im not sure what the conversion is.. You'll have to check the money market for that kind of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom