2x 6600GT (SLI) or 1x 6800GT (Normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK now I think this would be a better option for me as it comes with a very nice monitor and all I would have to do is buy a matching 6800 GT with the extra wages.

- Case ThermalTake Tsunami Black Case
- Motherboard Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe (Skt 939)
- PSU Upgrades 560W ThermalTake PurePower Low Noise PSU (17dB)
- Processor & Fan AMD 64-Bit 3500+ (Skt 939)
- Memory 1024Mb DDR400 PC3200 DUAL CHANNEL
- Hard Disk Drive 300Gb Serial ATA 150
- Floppy Disk Drive Floppy Disk Drive
- CD Device 16x +/- DVD-RW Dual Layer
- Second CD Device 52x32x52 CD-RW
- Graphics Card GeForce 6800GT 256Mb DDR + DVI/TV
- Sound Card SoundBlaster 7.1 Live 24-Bit
- Keyboard & Mouse Logitech Wireless MultiMedia Kb & Opt Ms (Blk/Svr)
- Speakers Creative T7900 7.1 Set
- Monitor 19" TFT Viewsonic VX912 12ms +DVI blk/svr
- Operating System Win XP Professional

£1,699.34 (inc. VAT)

at least that way I would have a working system and I wouldn't screw it up and it is just about the same price as that other one only with a really nice TFT so all I would need to do is buy another 6800GT and that would be right wouldn't it?

No i'm going to buy a pre-built SLI system with one 6800GT in it and then upgrade it with a second identical 6800GT when I have enough money :)

Well after much consideration I decided for this system:

- Case ThermalTake Tsunami Black Case
- Motherboard Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe (Skt 939)
- PSU Upgrades 560W ThermalTake PurePower Low Noise PSU (17dB)
- Processor & Fan AMD 64-Bit 3800+ (Skt 939)
- Memory 1024Mb DDR400 PC3200 DUAL CHANNEL
- Hard Disk Drive 250Gb Serial ATA 150
- Floppy Disk Drive Floppy Disk Drive
- CD Device 16x +/- DVD-RW Dual Layer
- Second CD Device 52x32x52 CD-RW
- Graphics Card GeForce 6800GT 256Mb DDR + DVI/TV
- Sound Card Onboard
- Keyboard & Mouse Logitech Wireless MultiMedia Kb & Opt Ms (Blk/Svr)
- Speakers Creative SBS560 5.1 Set
- Monitor 19" TFT Viewsonic VX912 12ms +DVI blk/svr
- Operating System Win XP Professional

I decided to get a better processor as I feel I would get better performance out of a 3800+ than a 3500+ as opposed to a 6800 GT and an Ultra. Think that will do me well for a while?

Couldn't you OC a 3500 to the specs of a 3800?

Yes, you could even OC it to that of the 4000 if you wanted to. This is on air cooling as well.

I'd be cautious about getting a prebuilt system. If you want to add a second 6800GT, you have to know the EXACT manufacturer and the EXACT version. You can't just put ANY two 6800GTs together for SLi- they MUST be from the SAME manufacturer and the SAME model.

Sometimes those prebuilt systems feature "custom" vcards, not made by any major name brand, so to speak, or only made for that specific computer.

I'd go with a custom built rig if I were you. Don't be afraid to build the system on your own. It isn't hard, so long as you follow directions. And it is more difficult to "fry" your system than you may think. I guess you could say it is near idiot proof, though I mean this with no offense.

Try to build it on your own and save yourself some cash.

retherfordaehs said:
You can't just put ANY two 6800GTs together for SLi- they MUST be from the SAME manufacturer and the SAME model.

If you've got 2 identical cards and a SLI motherboard do you need anything else to connect the two?

3500+ and 3800+ are near identical, I doubt you would notice any difference between the two if you were given both unlabeled.

You can do better than Asus too, DFI, MSI and Abit are leaps and bounds ahead of them in my opinion, plus often cheaper too. ;)

retherfordaehs said:
Yes, you could even OC it to that of the 4000 if you wanted to. This is on air cooling as well.

I'd be cautious about getting a prebuilt system. If you want to add a second 6800GT, you have to know the EXACT manufacturer and the EXACT version. You can't just put ANY two 6800GTs together for SLi- they MUST be from the SAME manufacturer and the SAME model.

Sometimes those prebuilt systems feature "custom" vcards, not made by any major name brand, so to speak, or only made for that specific computer.

I'd go with a custom built rig if I were you. Don't be afraid to build the system on your own. It isn't hard, so long as you follow directions. And it is more difficult to "fry" your system than you may think. I guess you could say it is near idiot proof, though I mean this with no offense.

Try to build it on your own and save yourself some cash.

The problem is it would cost more to build the exact same system by buying parts from ebuyer and overclocker or just one. My budget is £1700 max and the system is £1697.05 - building it would cost £1721.28 - and thats only for a case, PSU, and all the other stuff - nothing else.

OK well a friend reccomended a website to me for PCs and i've found a system with two 6800gt's running in it.

Here are the specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Asus A8N SLI Deluxe MoBo
1024MB DDR 400 RAM
2x 160gb HDDs
CD-Writer
DVD-ReWriter
Floppy Drive
2x Nvidia Geforce 6800GTs
Onboard 8 channel sound
Creative 5.1 Speaker System
Black Modded Case+ Neon Extreme Kit
Silent 550w PSU + 120mmfan + 19.2 dBA CPU Cooler
XP Pro (With License & Disc)
Benq 17" TFT (8msec Response Time)

£1730 (inc. VAT and delivery)

You can't much better than that can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom