2700 and a 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
since i have a some pc 2700 memory, and i am getting a AMD athlon 64 3000+ will that be a bad combo, cause i dont have enough money right now to get some other memory...

2700 won't be too bad, and will get you through for the time being, but you really want PC3200 or better for hard-core gaming.

yeah that is probobly true, but now i have to work some more to get that 3200 stuff cause i just upgraded my pc for quite a bit of money.

would i still be able to overclock any with this stuff?

The PC2700 is going to be alright for now. If you plan on doing some heavy gaming (and I mean heavy), you are going to need more than just the average 400 Mhz (PC3200). I would strongly recommend going for some High Performance memory, like Corsair XMS, or Corsair XMS PRO (if you want to go all out).

The Corsair XMS PRO is unbelievable. It is quite expensive (512 Mb of XMS PRO costs more than 1 Gb of XMS), but IMO it is worth the price. I just bought some of it (C2 (OC'd) version), and I couldn't believe my eyes. This memory is the king. If you don't have the money right now... This would be a great investment.

meh i think that stuff is a waste of money IMO. im not sure if it is worth the outrageous price that it is...

GameGURU said:
meh i think that stuff is a waste of money IMO. im not sure if it is worth the outrageous price that it is...

I kinda agree with you, while it looks awesome in reality and in specs, what is the real world gain over the "average" XMS DIMMS and such?

proseries_r2_c1.gif

It is definatly worth the price. 512 Mb of this stuff is more than enough.

GameGURU... If you have "crappy" memory at 2700... You may be able to overclock it... But it would become very unstable. You will often receive messages from the O/S asking you to reboot due to the system failing to write to the memory properly (aka System Registry Failure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom